Elizabeth “Beth” Darby Rehm
A native of Mobile, Ms. Rehm has practiced law since 1994, representing management in all areas of labor and employment law, including:
• Representing private and public employers in lawsuits involving labor and employment claims advanced under federal and state laws.
• Representing employers in all aspects of management-union relations, including: negotiations, union representation and decertification election campaigns; arbitration of grievances; unfair labor practice claims; and preparation of strike contingency plans.
• Representing employers in administrative proceedings before state and federal agencies, including the EEOC, the NLRB, and the DOL Wage-Hour Administration.
• Drafting employment policies and procedures, employment applications, background check disclosure and consent agreements, employee handbooks, and employment contracts (e.g., non-compete agreements and trade secret agreements).
• Counseling and training employers in all aspects of labor and employment law to help avoid claims arising from day-to-day employment decisions, as well as significant decisions such as reductions in force.
Ms. Rehm was a contributing editor to The Developing Labor Law, a publication of the American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Litigation-Labor and Employment Law, Employment Law–Management and Labor Law-Management and a Super Lawyer in the area of Employment and Labor Law. She was recently named by Best Lawyers in America as the 2017 Labor Law–Management “Lawyer of the Year” for Mobile, Alabama, and previously was named as Employment Law-Management “Lawyer of the Year.” She is a member of the National Society for Human Resource Management, as well as the Mobile and Baldwin County chapters. She frequently lectures on labor and employment issues, particularly on the issues of the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Ms. Rehm is rated AV Pre-Eminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Rehm is additionally a graduate of the Leadership Mobile Class of 2016 and serves on the Board of the Friends of the Mobile Public Library.
University of Alabama, J.D., 1994
Auburn University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1991
Alabama Bar Association
American Bar Association
Mobile Bar Association
All State and Federal Courts in Alabama
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
U.S. Tax Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit