John W. Sheffield
Mr. Sheffield was born in Mobile, Alabama and graduated from Emory University in 1989 and from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1992. While attending law school in Tuscaloosa, Mr. Sheffield was a member of the Alabama Law Review.
Mr. Sheffield’s practice has included virtually every aspect of labor employment law, regularly representing corporate clients. He has had extensive experience representing clients in the automotive (large automotive manufacturers), retail, health care (long term care and senior housing), and restaurant (large chain restaurants) industries in the defense of lawsuits against race, sex, disability, and national origin lawsuits, as well as particular experience in defending against retaliation claims.
He has also developed training materials for the prevention of discrimination claims and lawsuits and regular conducts human resources training for supervisors and managers. He is also a frequent speaker on discrimination issues not only for clients but also to trade organizations, ranging from local chambers of commerce to national organizations such as the American Bar Association and the American Employment Law Council.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. 1992
- Emory University, B.A. 1989
- Alabama Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section of the Alabama Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the Section of Labor and Employment
- American Employment Law Council
- Northern District of Alabama
- Southern District of Alabama
- Middle District of Alabama
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- TEL: 205-263-0225
- FAX: 205-871-5874